Maybe you’re an experienced traveller and you have already figured out your best travel planning… But if you are like the rest of us and end up packing against the clock and running to the airport in constant fear of losing your flight, maybe you could use some travel hacks to improve your travelling game.
Lucky for you, we have prepared a comprehensive list of travel hacks for sloppy travellers. Don’t worry – practice makes perfect!
- Roll your clothes: If you’re not good at packing light, roll your clothes instead of folding them. You will be able to fit some more in your suitcase! Another of the greatest travel hacks is using air-compression travel bags.
- Pack wisely: Of course, you can bring some fancy outfits if you’re planning to have a night out, but one of the best travel hacks is to pack with an eye in the future. Bring leggings, jeans and clothes in similar colour schemes. This way, you will always be able to dress comfortably and nice.
- Keep an extra set of chargers: One of the last things we pack, and the one that makes us go crazy right after leaving the house! Keep an extra set of chargers, batteries and everything you need in your everyday life in a bag and use it only for travelling. You’ll never forget your charger again!
- Call your credit card company: This way, you make sure that it allows international purchases. Besides, some companies have travelling benefits, so don’t forget to ask about them!
- Sleep it off: Especially if you travel far, one of the best ways to avoid jet lag is to sleep a lot before travelling so you are as well rested as you can. So don’t forget to go to bed early!
- Bring a good book or a magazine… Airports make you want to spend money, so bring with you something that you know you’ll want to read. If you get too ambitious with your reading expectations, you may cave!
- And some entertainment for your kids! If you’re travelling with kids, you will need them to be entertained as well. A busy flight and excited fussy children are not a good combination. Maybe it’s a good idea to bring a small laptop or tablet so they can watch a movie in the plane.
- Scan your passport: Or your reservation or itinerary, in case you lose it or it gets stolen. You will have to deal with the situation anyway, especially if you’re flying back home, but at least you’ll be able to arrive to your accommodation and enjoy your holiday!
Bonus travel hacks to use in your destination
Not all travel hacks are about making your flight easier! Some of them will also help you during your vacation, like the following:
- Bring a souvenir list: One of the smartest travel hacks you can benefit from! If you already have a list of the people you need to buy a gift to, as well as what type of gift, you won’t stress over it the last day of your trip. Just bring the list with you every day and cross people off it!
- Bring reusable water bottles: Walking around the city you’re going to visit will make you very thirsty, and water is usually expensive around tourist areas. Don’t leave your hotel or your apartment without refreshment!
- Download a good travel app: There are many that will help you make the most out of your trip, like GowithOh’s exclusive app!
- An alternative use for hotel soap: If you’re not going to use that complimentary soap you usually find in your accommodation, throw it in your suitcase so it smells good. Say goodbye to that distinctive ‘suitcase’ smell! If there isn’t soap, you can use a dryer sheet to get the same effect.
- Bring a lunch box: One of the most useful travel hacks, especially if you’re travelling with kids! All the excitement will make them fussy, and may not be eating as they usually do. If you bring a lunch box, you’ll be able to store whatever they don’t want to finish and give it to them later – All parents know that they tend to get hungry when it is not possible to find food!
- Keep a bag of essentials: Make the most out of your trip by having a bag full of everything you will need during your outings – tissue paper or wipes, water, chewing gum, a fan… Anything that you can use to solve any little issue or discomfort that can happen when you are out for the whole day. Having a ‘Mary Poppins’ bag is one of the travel hacks you’ll be the most thankful for!
And, out of experience, you must have your own tips and tricks! What are your best travel hacks? Don’t forget to share them in the comments!