Berlin is one of the most charming cities of Europe, and every season has its perks. Sure, during the winter it’s all covered up in snow and that makes it a magical and beautiful setting, but summer is the best season to enjoy Berlin outdoors, which is why we have prepared a series of tips. Summer in Berlin is truly amazing: It’s not as hot as Barcelona, for instance, but it is so nice outside, day and night, that you may even leave all the interesting museums for your next trip!
Enjoying the summer in Berlin
Ready to make the most of the good weather in the wonderful capital of Germany? These are out tips to enjoy the summer in Berlin to the fullest:
- Go to a beer garden: Have you ever been to a beer garden? They’re bars with big terraces so you can enjoy your afternoon and/or evening with a fresh pint of German beer in front of you. The perfect summer plan!
- Enjoy the parks: One of the best things to do in the summer in Berlin is to enjoy its many green areas. How about a picnic in the Tiergarten or Treptower park?
- Do a bike tour: There are many companies in berlin that organise bike tours to the city centre. The summer in Berlin is nice enough for you to enrol in one of those – and if you prefer to do your own thing, there are many bike rentals where you can rent a bike and do the tour on your own.
- Munch on that street food: If you go to some of the markets located in Berlin, you will be able to enjoy the great stalls of food around. We specially recommend the Markthalle IX of the neighbourhood of Kreuzberg, which offers their famous ‘Street food Thursdays’.
- Dance, dance, dance: Indoors clubbing isn’t seasonal, and you cannot leave Berlin without dancing to the rhythm of the best DJs in Europe in one of the awesome clubs of Berlin. Berghain, Watergate and Weekend (and many others!) are waiting for your visit!
As you can see, the summer in Berlin is one of the most enjoyable seasons. Have you ever been to Berlin in the summer? Did you try any of our suggestions? Don’t forget to explain your experiences in the comment section!