Oh, Italian gelato! We may crave pasta and pizza, but during the summer, nothing tastes better than a fresh but creamy gelato. In case you’re planning on visiting the beautiful country of Italy, we have prepared a list of the places where you can have the best gelato in Venice, so you don’t miss any opportunity of deliciousness.
Are you ready for all this yumminess? Of the many themed tours you can do, the one of the gelato in Venice is undoubtedly the most delicious of all, so take good note of the following:
- Gelacoteca SuSo: Wonderful traditional and original flavours with quality ingredients, free of artificial colours and even gluten free options! You will find it in Calle della Bissa.
- La mela verde: In this place you will probably find the best quality-price ratio in terms of gelato in Venice. They don’t have too wide a choice of flavours, but they are to die for. You will find it very close to St. Mark’s Square.
- Alaska gelateria: If you like exotic flavours, this one is for you. They sure have lots of imagination with the flavours they create, and they do it with fresh ingredients. You will find it in Calle Santa Croce.
- Boutique del Gelato: Don’t be confused by the ‘boutique’ part of the name of this gelateria, because here you will find real Italian gelato, and one of the best gelato in Venice! It is one of the most famous places, even though it’s a small and artisanal place. Don’t let the queue discourage you! You will find it in Salizzada San Lio, close to the Rialto Bridge.
- Grom: What? A chain ice-cream place in a list of the best gelato in Venice? Well, yes! It may be an international gelato company, and it may be a tad expensive, but they do make good gelato. And it’s organic! You will find several places around the centre of Venice.
What did you think about this list of places to have gelato in Venice? Are you planning to try them all? We sure are!