Amsterdam is famous for its beauty and its canals, but also for the rainy weather… And the parks! Maybe it’s not the most obvious destination for a picnic, but the fact is that as soon as the sun comes out, the parks of Amsterdam fill with people snacking and having fun on a picnic blanket. And you could be one of them!
The top 5 parks in Amsterdam
Amsterdam has many parks, so we’d like to introduce you to a few of them. Next time you visit the capital of the Netherlands, you will know where to go!
- Vondelpark: Vondelpark is the most famous park of the city of Amsterdam, and for good reason – it’s huge and one of the most beautiful! It’s privileged location next to the city centre turns it into a great option no matter what you’re visiting in the city. Just hit the closest supermarket for some bread and cheese and enjoy! Besides, don’t forget that it is also one of the landmarks of the city. You can also rent a bike and visit all the monuments located there.
- Flevopark: Flevopark is definitely one of the hidden gems of the city of Amsterdam. Located in the eastern end of the city, it feels like a deserted island in the middle of the crowded city. You will find a few locals jogging or walking their dogs, but you will have the nicest and quietest of picnics there.
- Westerpark: And if you’re not looking for quiet, we recommend and evening picnic in Westerpark, in the opposite side of the city – This way you will be right next to some of the coolest dancing bars of the city, such as Pacific.
- Sarphatipark: Located in the neighbourhood of De Pijp, Sarphatipark is smaller than the other parks in this list, but it is just as beautiful. It’s the perfect place to meet some of the locals, too.
- Oosterpark: Finally, we end our list of parks in Amsterdam with Oosterpark, a large and beautiful park where you will also be able to visit the National Slavery Monument.
What do you think of these parks in Amsterdam? Have you visited any of them? If so, don’t forget to tell us about your experiences in the comments!