Amsterdam is a thriving city with a great and diverse nightlife. There are plenty of things to do during the day, like cycling along the beautiful canals, chilling in a coffee shop, enjoying the great museums, shopping in the flea markets or having a picnic in the park. But the nightlife of the capital of the Netherlands has a lot to offer, and this list of the best clubs in Amsterdam is a real asset for the night owls!
Of course, clubs come and go ¾the locals had to say goodbye to its top electronic music club, Trouw, a few years ago, but there are other places where locals and visitors can have a great time.
Top clubs in Amsterdam
Here you have our top recommendations of clubs in Amsterdam, the perfect places to dance your troubles away, and sometimes in awesome locations!
- Melkweg: With an eclectic agenda, this abandoned dairy factory serves today as a club and a concert venue. It offers all sort of soirees and music of all kinds, depending on the night.
- Paradiso: Near Leidseplein you will see a beautiful old building with a clock in its middle tower. It used to be a church, but nowadays it is the most famous club and concert venue in Amsterdam. They have all kinds of nights, from rock music to electronic music, so depending on the day, it can be a good fit for everybody!
- Studio80: One of the best clubs to go dance to electronic music, as it opens the door to experienced DJs as well as experimental ones. You will find it in Rembrandtsplein.
- Sugar Factory: A different and creative club that offers all sorts of nights, from house and techno to karaoke bands. It’s also located in Leidseplein, the big party area in the city centre.
- Pacific: Let’s end our list with something different, shall we? In Amsterdam’s Westerpark you will find Pacific, which is not a club but a rock ‘n roll bar and bistro. You can eat, drink… and dance the night away, as it opens until 3 or 4!
What did you think about these top clubs in Amsterdam? Have you been to any of them? If so, don’t forget to tell us about your experience there in the comment section!