The city of Barcelona attracts millions of tourists every year, and for good reasons: all the Barcelona highlights! The Catalan city has a unique and colourful beauty, and there are lots of things to do thanks to the many places that deserve a visit. Start planning your trip to this wonderful city by reading about the main Barcelona highlights:
- Sagrada Familia: Architect Antoni Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece is the first of all Barcelona highlights to visit.
- The Picasso museum: Famous painter Pablo Picasso lived and worked in Barcelona, and this wonderful museum has many of his early works.
- The Gothic district: After visiting the Picasso Museum, which is located there, you can walk around the old, ochre and wonderful little streets of Barcelona’s old town.
- The Park Güell: Another masterpiece by Gaudí among these Barcelona highlights. You can’t leave Barcelona without taking a picture next to the dragon!
- Tibidabo: The view of the city, with the sea in the horizon and behind the colourful Ferris wheel of Tibidabo’s amusement park is priceless.
- Barceloneta: Barcelona’s fishermen’s neighbourhoods doesn’t make it to all the Barcelona highlights lists, but it deserves a visit… and a meal! You can find the best seafood paellas in town there.
- Montjuic’s Magic Fountain: a spectacle with water, music and lights. What’s not to like?
The unexpected Barcelona highlights
Travelling to a city with as many attractions as Barcelona, it’s easy to get lost in the dynamics of crossing things out of a list. Besides the Barcelona highlights mentioned above, and many others, Barcelona has many unexpected jewels that will catch your eye. This is why we’d like to finish our list of top 10 Barcelona highlights with three little tips that could take your trip to a whole other level:
- Raval’s nightlife: Some say you don’t know Barcelona unless you experience the nightlife of the many little bars, pubs and clubs of the quarter called Raval.
As you can see, there are Barcelona highlights for all tastes and kinds of trips. Which are your favourite?