We think of Paris as the City of Love, as a perfect destination to enjoy with our better half. But the capital of France has many more things to offer, besides all its romantic locations, and it is a perfect destination to enjoy with the whole family. Here you have a list of tips and suggestions to enjoy Paris with children so your kids, too, remember forever their trip to this magnificent city.
Paris with children: Making the most out of it
Sometimes, travelling to big cities with children can be hard: They get tired of sightseeing before you do, and they become fussy. Their schedules change, they stay up later, and… Yes, they become fussy again! When travelling with the whole family, we need to fit our children’s needs into the plan as well, and to change some little things so they can have fun as well. Here you have a few useful tips to make Paris with children more bearable, without having to say goodbye to visiting the attractions at the top of your list:
- Rent a bike. Amsterdam may be the capital of bikes, but this kind of tourism is gaining fans all over Europe. Now you can find plenty of bike rentals in Barcelona, Berlin and, of course Paris!
- Enjoy the carrousels… One of the best ways of enjoying Paris with children is to take advantage of the carrousels that are near some of the most visited tourist attractions. You will find one next to the Eiffel Tower, for instance, and also near the Sacré Coeur. It can be a good way to reward your kids after the queue to climb such a famous landmark!
- … And the gardens! There are even more gardens than carrousels, so having a picnic for lunch is yet another great time to squeeze in some time to make the most out of Paris with children. They will be able to run and play freely as you take some time to relax!
- Look for street performers: Paris is a very lively city, and you will find street performers all around, which your kids will love to watch. Next to the Pompidou Centre, on the Champs Elysées or in the metro, you could come across life music or mimes any time of the day.
- Enjoy the food: Your kids may not be willing to try the typical French cheeses, but they will surely feel different about the yummy crepes and the gorgeous French pastries. Paris with children is also enjoyed with the taste buds!
The perfect spots to enjoy Paris with children
Now you know how to include some kid-friendly times inside the activities you have planned to your trip to the capital of France, but you can take one step further and include activities especially dedicated to the little ones of the family. There are plenty spots where you can enjoy Paris with children to the fullest, like the following ones:
- Disneyland Paris: If you visit Paris with children, visiting Disneyland Paris for at least one day is a must! If you like to visit every attraction and go all over the museums, you may think that a day in this wonderful theme park is a lost day… Nothing farther from the truth! In Disneyland Paris, you will feel like a child again, and you will have lots of fun. Besides, you will be able to enjoy it twice thanks to your kids’ excitement!
- Natural History Museum and Jardin des Plantes: Besides the Louvre Museum, the Musée d’Orsay or the Pompidou Centre, Paris has other wonderful museums that your kids will love. The Natural History Museum will be a very fun cultural outing for the little ones.
- La Cité des Enfants: If your kids didn’t have enough with Disneyland Paris and the Natural History Museum, you can also take them to La Cité des Enfants, a sort of science museum in Paris for children where they will be able to learn by playing!
- The Flower & Bird Market: If you happen to be in the city on a Sunday, you can take your children to the Place Lois Lepine, where you will be able to visit one of the most unique markets in Paris. Flowers, birds and a very local atmosphere.
- A tour in the river Seine: We end our list of top destinations in Paris for children with a classic! You can take your kids one a tour through the waters of the river Seine that you will also enjoy, since you will be able to admire a beautiful view of many of the gorgeous attractions located by the riverside, such as Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower.
Are you now ready to travel to Paris with children? As you can see, there’s no reason to postpone this beautiful destination to when your kids are older. They can enjoy it as much as you can!