Are you ready to travel to the City of Love? Get your notepad or your favourite app, and start writing down all the Paris highlights you can’t miss. We’ll help you pinpoint the best of the magnificent capital of France!
- Notre Dame: Probably the most famous cathedral in Paris, it is embellished even more by the proximity of the river Seine.
- The Louvre Museum: Enough art, culture and history to get lost for days! As one of the Paris highlights, the Louvre Museum is worth visiting inside and outside: we can’t forget about its iconic pyramids!
- Montmartre: seeing the many artists work in Montmartre, the quarter of the French bohème, sure is one of the Paris highlights.
- Sacré Coeur: And presiding Montmartre and Paris itself, we have the Sacré Coeur Basilica, one of the most photographed Paris highlights.
- Le Marais: one of the most famous quarters in Paris, it is a great place to walk around, do some shopping and have a nice coffee with a crêpe!
- Père Lachaise Cemetery: It may sound off to find a cemetery in a list of the top Paris Highlights, but there are many tourists who go pay their respects to personalities such as Molière, Maria Callas or Oscar Wilde, and many locals who enjoy it as a park: it has a remarkable, Gothic beauty.
Paris highlights: The City of Love
You are probably wondering why the Eiffel Tower isn’t among the Paris highlights listed above. We were saving it for last, and for a special, romantic setting!
- A promenade by the Eiffel Tower, at night: You won’t be able to climb to the top, but the crowds of tourists will be long gone and you’ll be able to fully appreciate its fully illuminated beauty next to your partner.
- The river Seine: A promenade by the river Seine at sunset will be another perfectly romantic setting for you to enjoy with your better half.
It’s not a surprise that there are so many Paris highlights to consider in one of the capitals of art and culture. The capital of France truly is an unforgettable destination!